The Impenatra® II Seal is an innovative new approach to solve many shaft sealing problems. When used in the GENESYS® 3×2-6, it isolates all metallic parts from contact with the fluid. Alternately, corrosive chemicals require seals made of exotic alloys.
You can expect excellent corrosion resistance and protection from attack by contained fluid and the surrounding environment. Easy to install and field adjustment not required. It offers great versatility at an excellent price. Reliability due to the simplicity of design and quality components.
- Seal Type: Stationary wave spring, reverse mount Maximum temperature 194 °F
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION:
- O-rings and elastomers are available in Buna, Viton®, EPDM, Kalrez® and Alfas®.
- Seal case – injection molded polypropylene Seal face – carbon graphite resin, binderless graphite or silicon carbide
- Seal seat – silicon carbide
WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT IMPENATRA® II?
- A proven, balanced design approach that eliminates hang up.
- The seal case is Injection-molded polypropylene.
- All metal surfaces, springs and shafts are isolated from fluid contact.
- Easily handles a wide range of chemical solutions including most acids, bases, and inorganics.
- Every seal is individually inspected to ensure consistent quality and is readily available.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU
- Outstanding corrosion resistance protects from attack by contained fluid and from the surrounding environment.
- Easy to install, field adjustment not required. It offers good versatility at an excellent price.
- Reliability, due to the simplicity of design and quality components.
EXAMPLE CORROSION RESISTANCE:
- Deionized Water
- Ferrous Chloride 100%
- Hydrochloric Acid 37%
- Hypo Acid Fixing Baths
- Nitric Acid 10%
- Phosphoric Acid
- Photographic Developers
- Plating Solutions
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- Sulfuric Acid (aerated)
- And much more…